International Health (Master, executive)
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Program Subject Matter
The discipline of International Health deals with poverty-related health problems in low and middle income countries. Its multidisciplinary approach combines Public Health, Epidemiology, Tropical Medicine, Economics and Management Sciences.
1 year (full-time), max. 5 years (part-time); 60 ECTS credits
Master of Science in International Health (M.Sc. IH)
8 500 to 10 000 Euros
Start of study
Offered by the Institute of Tropical Medicine and International Health (Charité); established within tropEd, a network of institutions for higher education in international health; language of instruction is English; in addition to fulfilling the academic requirements, students must provide evidence of at least 1 year of full-time professional experience related to international health in low- or middle-income countries.
Study Content (list is not intended to be exhaustive)
- Concepts & Research Methods
- Health Problems
- Health Systems
- Advanced Epidemiological Methods
- Advanced Vaccinology
- Clinical Management of Tropical Diseases
- Health Economics, Economic Evaluation and Evidence-based Decision-making
- Mental Health Skills for Assisting Traumatized Populations
- Completion of a 3½-year Bachelor's programme (210 ECTS credits) in a health-related field
- English proficiency (80p TOEFL iBT)
- Preference will be given to applicants with professional experience in a health-related profession in low or middle-income countries.